Sunday, September 2, 2007

Milestones

Addison laughed for the first time yesterday! What a great sound. I was bouncing her in front of the mirror and she just laughed and laughed. Later that night Megan Capone was bouncing her and she laughed again.

Even more exciting, she slept through the night! Tyler's parents were watching both girls and Addison had a bottle of formula before bed which probably helped. She slept until 5:15, nursed, and went back to sleep with me. Hopefully it's a pattern that will continue, I could get used to this.

Lauren reached an interesting milestone. She has her first crush! I had no idea it would happen so early or the way it did. The first time she saw the contractor building the porch at Tyler's parents house, she just stared at him. His name is Brody, and he's probably 28 or so; he is quite handsome. I guess she kept bringing him cookies, and lemonade and flowers. The other night she told me she had a secret, she said Brody is her first boyfriend, but she's too shy to tell him! She said Grandma and Grandpa could tell him, though.

In other news, we traded our Ford Focus for a Ford Windstar. I never thought I'd own a minivan but it really is convenient for kids! It's a few years old but the mileage is low. It's got two sliding doors, bucket seats in the back so the girls' car seats are not right on top of each other, and lots of other neat features, like the warning alarm when you're backing up and something is behind you. Tyler will mostly use it to drive the girls to daycare and back and forth to work.

We had a great time at Bill and Hilary's house yesterday. Lauren swam in the pool for hours, and had fun playing with Grace Frasier and Sophie Campopiano. It's so strange to see my daughter playing with the children of my friends from high school. When did we get old enough for that???

Happy Labor Day... hope you're enjoying the nice weather.

No comments: