Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Feeling a little better...


I'm feeling a little better after some more conversations with Lauren. I think she defines "unpretty" as mean like the villains in the movies. (Cruella, Ursula, etc...) I love that there's a book/story for every moral. We talked about the ugly duckling, rudolph the red-nosed reindeer and the rainbow fish... I think she's getting it.


Now we're fighting nightly dinner battles. I understand that kids tend to be picky, but I don't understand why she's deciding all of a sudden that she doesn't like things that she used to love. (Turkey, peas, chicken tacos, pizza...) I'm fighting that because if we give in she'll only eat grilled cheese sandwiches and macaroni and cheese. It's exhausting and makes dinner time miserable. She eats what I made or she doesn't eat. Also, if she eats her dinner one of these nights we're going to make gingerbread cookies as a reward. Hasn't worked yet. Still hoping...


I know I complain a lot, but I also love them both to pieces and I wouldn't trade this for anything in the world!!




Smile!

No comments: