Sunday, July 22, 2007

Bottle Blues

We are having a hard time getting Addison to take a bottle. She has to learn how to do it before August 20th because that's when she starts daycare. Tyler gave her a bottle last night to try and let me get some sleep. It kind of worked, but she does not like bottles at all. I heard about a kind of bottle that is most like breastfeeding, so I guess I'll buy those and try it.

I was feeling guilty about how much of the day Lauren spends watching movies, so I encouraged her to do other things yesterday. I set up a water play table for her outside, encouraged playing on her playset and doing other things. It was successful in that she didn't watch t.v. until after supper when I turned it on so because I was exhausted and wanted her to be contained for a while. It was frustrating in that she made messes all over the place. A beading center in the dining room. A fort of blankets and books in the baby's room. She created her own water play station in both bathroom sinks and spilled water, soap, mud, etc. on the floor. She tortured bugs by trapping them in jars of water with lids. We did have a picnic lunch on her picnic table outside, which was great, but of course created another mess that had to be brought inside.

I felt bad because she kept asking Tyler or me to play with her in her fort, etc. but we were busy mowing the lawn and taking care of the baby, respectively. I wish she had a playmate her own age that lived nearby. Linnea is a great playmate for her, but they live near Saratoga and are often busy. We try to play when we can, but it's not the same as a playmate or a cousin. I look forward to Addison being big enough to play with her, but at the same time, I want her to stay a baby forever. In a way, she's so easy at this age. She's predictable, stationary and sweet!

To quote Looney Toons, which is always playing in our house now, "That's All Folks!"

No comments: