Monday, July 23, 2007

Little Miss Interpretation

Last week Tyler overheard Lauren singing a song: "Knock, knock, knocking on Kevin's door..."

I took Lauren and Addison to the Saratoga "Counting" (County) Fair on Sunday. It was great. Lauren is pleased by such simple things. Some highlights were the school bus shuttle ride from parking lot D (she was awed by her first school bus ride and helped remember that we were in lot "D for Daddy"). She buckled herself with two seat belts and sat near the back.

She was thrilled to find some farm toys like toy tractors, a barn and farmers in one of the dairy barns, she would have played there all day by herself! It was a nice place for me to sit and nurse the baby while she played, though.

She loved the animals, had some nice conversations with the goats. Wanted to know the names of all the rabbits.

She was ecstatic to stumble upon a dance recital, she sat in the front row and squealed like an old lady at a Neil Diamond concert at the tap dance and interpretive dancers. She planned out her own dance recital with friends from school and parents in the audience. She even plans to dance with boys. Not sure how that will go over with them...

She also loved the maple sugar candy and the play set at the Garden Time display. We stayed for hours. Addison was awake and content for most of the time. Then she cried all the way home (fussy time) but slept for 6 solid hours at night, what a treat...

Nice bonus... we didn't make any messes at home because we weren't there! And Tyler was caulking the windows and doing other outdoor projects so he didn't make any messes either. It was a great weekend... back to work this week.

1 comment:

The Dealer said...

I used to think Carly Simon sang about "clowns in [her] coffee" so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

I was also excited by a school bus ride this weekend (the Clam Fest shuttle) I can't believe Barb let us listen to "Ice Ice Baby" in Elementary School! I also can't believe we fit three people in one of those seats -my legs were under my chin, and it didn't help I got the "wheel seat."

Miss you/ see you soon!!!

~CoCo